Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Self Portraits




Going into this project I was trying to capture a side of myself that is often unseen to the naked eye. As I began I realized that this was harder then I original thought it would be but I found some great places out of my normal area to take some good pictures. Out of all of my pictures I think that my rule of thirds picture is the one that is most creative and difficult because of how I am placed in between the light and dark squares. I think that the difficulty helped to enhance the picture as a whole.

I think that my pictures overall seem to lack in the area of composition because I personally don’t feel as though they came out as well as I thought that they would. But I do like how all of my pictures have some really good values in it. One of the reasons they have some good value is because I wore a red shirt and that had a really good value to most of the pictures. In my opinion I think that my rule of thirds has the best composition out of all of my pictures because of all the value it has plus the composition is really good because I’m kind of close and then you have a hallway guided by lights on the floor. If could change the composition of one of my pictures I think that I would change my light picture because I don’t feel as though it’s apparent that it’s my light picture.

I think that all of my pictures came out a little pixilated but it seems to add to the pictures. On one of the pictures I tried to keep the shutter open a little longer but to much light came into the camera so it totally went against what I wanted which forced me to take the picture normally cause I was running out of time. Therefore it’s safe to say that the lack of knowledge of how to work the camera hindered my ability to come out with better pictures. The weaknesses are with the camera speed and shutter speed.

Overall I think that my self-portraits came out pretty good but still I think that they could have been a lot better if I had only known how to work the camera a little bit better. If I could redo this assignment I think that I would try and get the camera affects down a little better cause I think that would’ve helped me a lit more then anything else. Overall my favorite one has to be my rule of thirds picture. I think that my least favorite picture has to be my light picture. Overall I don’t think I reached my goal in expressing myself to the fullest. But I think that it turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Miguel I love all these pictures. You really express a strong feeling in each of them. I like how you compose them and everything else nice job Miguel.