Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Artist Statement

In my portfolio you'll find my work as a so-called artist in digital photography over the past semester. I worked really hard and I'm proud of each piece because I feel as though it represents a little bit of myself. My portfolio itself is pretty good and I am especially proud of my personal metaphor and movie moment pieces of work because I put the most time and effort into their creation.
Over the course of the semester I learned many things such as how to view the world not only in color but in black and white as well and seeing all of the value in between. I also learned the importance of knowing the technology that you work with because it can either help or hinder your ability to make a picture look great once combined with the skills that you already have. In digital photo I felt that I was must successful with coming up with unique and not so common ideas. I think that this was my best area cause I think that I don't view the world quite the same way as everyone else does which of course gives birth to my outlook on life.
In this semester I think that I struggled with the camera the most because we had switched over to new ones, which did help with some pictures but at times, it was like I was lost and had no clue on how to work the darn thing. I could drastically improve on knowing the camera more and having it help advance my work even farther.
Influences on my work were all of the artists that we learned about and all of my peers as well. I also took ideas from cartoons and other things in my life. I've seen growth in my ability to see things in different angles and ways. I also feel that I've seen major growth in my appreciation for people that are artists because of the time they put into their craft.
I would also like to thank my digital photo teacher because of how patient she was with all of her students and I think that she did a really good job for her first time of teaching digital photo. DON'T GIVE UP MRS.COOK!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Miguel, you have a very nice portfolio. I really like your adjustment layer by the way. I think by far my favorite or your was your movie still, because you put so much effort into it, and it was hilarious. I wish everyone had put in as much effort as you. I have enjoyed having you in my class, and I hope that this is not the end to your photography escapades. Thank you for the encouragement, I shall try not to give up. :)