Monday, March 17, 2008

The Aesthetic Experience


With water that was as clear as can be the only thing that was visible were the objects on the other side and the piercing white light reflecting on the waters surface. As the first drops of dye hit the water it sends a ripple affect that is felt throughout the cup. The liquid itself begins to mix, but not completely but rather as a line and leaves empty spaces in between the water. It also deceives the outside world because of how it looks from up top, for it looks as though it's completely red, but with further analysis you can see that there places in which the dye hasn't penetrated. As more drops of color are added the once white, clear, and pure water starts to vanish while slowly being tainted without remorse. In this moment I think to myself of the phrase you can view life as either half empty or half full because of how things change. I also think about the life process that people go through cause we are all born pure and innocent with not bad intentions but as we progress in life we are tainted by things we hear, see, or even do. I cannot also help but think that it only took time to change something so beautiful and turn it into something often viewed as "disgusting". To end everything I also think that it keeps the saying true and that is time changes all things.

No comments: